This document was last updated on May 30, 2018.
Make Today Creative, LLC (us, we, our) operates the maketodaycreative.com website and has a shop on ETSY.com. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use this website or opt-in to the email newsletter associated with this company. By using this website or opting in to the email newsletter, or when you purchase products from us, you agree to the collection and use of information related to those services.
Make Today Creative is committed to protecting your privacy and this Privacy Statement outlines our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing maketodaycreative.com, you acknowledge and fully understand this privacy statement and consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
Our website may contain links to other sites, and you will be directed to that third party’s site. Related services and offerings with links from this website, including merchant and vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in services we offer are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
Make Today Creative uses any data we collect in the following ways:
- To deliver information on this website
- To notify you about changes or updates to our services
- To allow you to participate in any service you choose to (i.e. email, social media sites or our shop on ETSY)
- To provide customer support or communicate about anything related to our services
- To gather analysis to help us better serve visitors
- To monitor the usage of our website and who is visiting and enjoying our content
- To detect and/or prevent any technical issues
- To provide news, special offers, general information or services we offer (unless you have opted not to receive such information)
Make Today Creative collects certain information from and about its users three ways:
- directly from Web Server logs
- the user provides the information (as in the case of signing up for our newsletter)
- Cookies (the small pieces of data stored on your device related to visiting our site).
When you visit our Website, your personal information is tracked for analysis via Google Analytics. While we do not have access to see any personal information, such as your IP address, Google does. This may include your Internet protocol address, the type of browser or computer you use, the number of links you click within the site, the state or country from which you accessed the web site, the date and time of your visit, web site you linked to our site from, pages you viewed on the site, and duration of the visit. To comply with GDPR regulations, we have made a change in our settings to anonymize an IP address from the data before it is saved in Google Analytics.
We may also collect your name and email address if you choose to provide it to us for any subscriptions or free materials that we offer. We will also track the items you download to better serve you on subsequent visits to the website or via email communication. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and feel that your child(ren) have added their name to our contact list without your consent, contact us and we will happily remove them.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web Server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save time. For example, if you navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
In addition to cookies, there are other technologies used on the web or in mobile systems. These are not controlled by Make Today Creative but could be involved in using your personal information if you choose to access our site using a mobile device or app, or interact with another site while on the Make Today Creative website.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Application SDKs: These are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in the Apps (and are used in many mobile applications). These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the app itself, activity in the app, and the device the application is running on.
- Local Storage Objects: These (sometimes called flash cookies) are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, maintain a history of usage, or even maintain the state or settings of an app.
Comments and Contact Forms
If you use the contact form to contact us we collect your name, company name (if applicable), phone, email address and comments and keep it until the request, question or conversation has been been completed. We do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes or automatically add your name to any list.
To comply with GDPR regulations, we have updated our forms to add the checkbox that allows the user to confirm that its okay to set a cookie with some information to allow them to comment more quickly in the future (storing only name and email address).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Square – data collection policies can be found here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3798-square-s-information-collection-policies
We do not automatically add your personal information from a sale to any contact list for marketing purposes. We may send you an notice to inquire if you’d like to receive information from us that allows you to inform us of your communication choices. We retain your order/sales information inside the ETSY platform solely for reference purposes and as backup to any accounting needs, or to communicate with you in a customer support capacity.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to United States and process it there.
Make Today Creative aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. If you want to know what personal data we hold about you or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. You have the right to remove your name and personal data from our company or the services we use to deliver our information. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service to provide the service on our behalf, or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We share your data with:
- Hostgator Web Hosting
- Google Analytics
- Sprout Social
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings be aware that this may disable some functionality on the website.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to fulfill your requests for services, to protect ourselves from liability, to respond to legal process or comply with law, or In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
Make Today Creative reserves the right to update this privacy statement when necessary. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, contact us at tellmemore at maketodaycreative dot com.